BLOGGER OF THE WEEK: Lee-Anne
1. Can you introduce yourself?
Hi there my name is Lee-Anne and I am beauty and lifestyle blogger and a Lupus survivor
2. Can you talk us through your hair routine?
I tend to use a lot of protective styles such as braids and cornrows on my hair for convenience. As I suffer from lupus my energy levels and mobility varies so I try to keep my beauty routine as simple as possible.
On a daily basis I generally oil my scalp with Jamaican black castor oil using an applicator bottle and if necessary lightly brush any fly away Simples!
3. Why did you convert to natural hair?
I think I had been rocking a relaxer since year 5 in primary school so I properly considered going natural until I started taking a new medication and noticed that it was affecting the texture of my hair and that my hair had begun to break badly.
While attending Afro hair and Beauty I spoke to one of the hair specialist who advised that until my medication is sorted out I shouldn’t relax my hair.
However since I have gotten acquainted with my hair in its natural state I couldn’t see myself going back to a relaxer.
4. What are your tips for healthy hair?
Wrap your hair with a satin head scarf or bonnet EVERYNIGHT
- Keep your scalp clean moisturized
- Keep heat styling to a minimum
- Adopt a healthy diet which includes lots of fruit, veg and drink LOTS of water
5. What difficulties have you had since going natural?
Due to my condition I don’t always have the time or the energy to give my hair the love it deserves.
6. "I love my hair because..."
I love my hair because it is a reflection of me and complex and wonderful.
Lee-Anne runs the blog Wots Her Name Again
Find her on Twitter here.
Want to be featured on FroBlog? Email email@example.com